Monday, June 29, 2009

Hello Sew Mama Sew readers!


Thanks for stopping by to check out my blog! I am so excited to have been able to contribute to Sew Mama Sew! Please feel free to browse the blog, flickr, and my etsy shop!

Here are some articles about sergers that I found helpful when looking for my serger and in helping me learn how to use it.

Understanding a Serger
A Short Course on Serger Buying
Shopping for a Serger
Serger Basics
Serger Rolled Hem Tips
Serger Place
Hello Serger Part 1 and Part 2
Also check out the serger reviews on Pattern Review for more specifics on different brands.

Hope this is helpful!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info on Sergers. I've had one for a year now and can't seem to get the hang of it.
    I'm really enjoying your blog and plan on following you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in the same boat as Brenda. I bought mine a year and half ago and took a two hour class on it, however I haven't been on since. Very sad indeed.

    Can't wait to get started again. It keeps calling to me...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ! I am self taught at everything from drawing to sewing & quilting. I am living in a land where I do not speak the language (but where beautiful Japanese fabrics are in abundance!). SO your article really helps! Although I can't buy any sergers in Tokyo as all printed words on the machine, all manuals & after service care would be in Japanese...I appreciate reading what this & that is!!! Greetings to you from Hamburg, Germany - where we are on vacation now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could use info on my coverstitch machine - it's a Brother 2340cv. I have yet to use it, although it is out of the box. Help to raise my confidence!!!

    Info above is VERY helpful!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I try to reply to most comments via e-mail, so make sure to add your e-mail address if it isn't linked up (especially if you have a question!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...