Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I'm back!

After a whirl wind of activity over the past couple of weeks, things are settling down down a bit. A trip to California entailed lots of interviews for Kurt and ended in my lovely sister-in-law's wedding. I came home to some lovely mail. I fell in love with the new Amy Butler patterns! The mini dress is so cute, and I love the little pleats on the straps. The Turning Twenty pattern I bought because of this fabulous quilt. I just love it.



I did get a bit of sewing at some points though. I made a couple of bags including the new pattern by Artsy Crafty Babe. The pattern was relatively easy. The trickiest part was the yoke. I added some trim to the yoke and some buttons down the middle to jazz it up a bit. I made this one for the shop, and it should be up soon.

I also made some blocks for the Crazy Mom Quilt's quilt-a-long. I love all the soft pinks. Aren't they pretty? I need to do some catching up on these though.



4 comments:

  1. that is one of the best looking bags i have ever seen!
    and the choice of fabric is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous bag! Love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color/design combinations in your quilt blocks! Makes me want to make something with them! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will love making the Turning Twenty quilt. It sews up really fast. I have made lots of them for graduation presents, Christmas presents, retirement presents, and a few for me.

    I love your bag. The fabrics are pretty.

    I came here from Sew Mama Sew. I've had a serger for 10 years, and I've never used it. It scares me to death. I bought it off of QVC when I was sick one day. lol I guess I was feeling sorry for myself and bought a $300 serger! I'm anxious to read your information. Maybe I won't be afraid of it anymore!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I try to reply to most comments via e-mail, so make sure to add your e-mail address if it isn't linked up (especially if you have a question!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...