Sunday, April 18, 2010

2-8


Today I turned 28. This has probably been the best birthday loot I have ever received. Look at all these books! It looks like the bookstore came to me! I love how different they all are. I mean they all have to do with sewing and cooking, but different kinds of sewing and cooking. *grin* I have been put on partial bed rest this week. I have struggled with high blood pressure my past two pregnancies, and this one is unfortunately having similar problems. My family was so generous and took the girls this weekend, so I could rest. It looks like this little guy is going to be making an April appearance rather than a May appearance. Anyway, at least on the couch I have all this fabulous browsing!


Plus, the entire collection of Modern Meadow if fat quarters! I love it! I have plans for a quilt for our bed out of some of these. I have never gotten the entire of line of any collection. It feels so gloriously...indulgent.


Plus, some Hunky Dory! I just love how sweet these fabrics are.


My mom made me this diaper bag from Amy Butler's Sweet Harmony Tote pattern. I loved this pattern, but I really didn't want to make it myself. I love Amy's patterns, but they take so long sometimes with all the interfacing and cutting you need to do. It is so nice to have the bag I wanted with no work at all! Didn't it turn out great?


Juliana is the queen of birthdays. She loves them with a passion. She made me this bleu-ti-ful butterfly cake and was so proud. Plus, there is me in all my 38 weeks pregnant puffy face glory.

I had plans for a big birthday giveaway because I have some fabulous things collected here for that, but with all this pregnancy craziness I think it will wait until next month. Keep an eye out for it though because I have some really great patterns all ready to be given away to somebody.

8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!! You did get some fantastic books!!! and yummy fabric!! A gal can never have enough of it!!! Good luck with your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm glad you had such a good birthday! You deserve it! Your books all look so interesting! The diaper bag is beautiful! And your birthday cake is yummy looking! What a special photo that is of you and the cake-maker!
    L-GG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! You got some amazing presents. And that cake, wow, I'm impressed :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! I can't wait to see all the lovely things you make out of your new books! Best wishes with your pregnancy - hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy birthday!! looks like you got lots of nice yummy stuff to work with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When are you due? I'm having our #3 next week! you look great! Yes, and love that bag! (again - I think I already told you that over on FLickr)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you look great! Your girls love you so much.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I try to reply to most comments via e-mail, so make sure to add your e-mail address if it isn't linked up (especially if you have a question!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...