Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Checking in for Kid Clothes Week


My first attempt for Kids' Clothes Week was another Molly Peasant Dress. I bought half a yard of the daisy print and wanted to use it for a skirt, but I didn't have quite enough. I wanted to make another one of these dresses, and there was just enough for the skirt. I used some of Anna Maria Horner's Good Folks for the top. I admit this dress is just a little too bright for me, but Juliana loves it. Maybe a when we stay at home dress...


However, as disappointed as I am with the dress. I am super happy with this skirt. I have had this unicorn print in my stash for almost a year, but I just didn't know what I wanted to make with it. Juliana have recently become obsessed with unicorns and when I showed her the fabric she asked for a skirt.


The pattern is my own design. It is a double layer skirt with white kona cotton for the bottom layer. I added some light pink chiffon ruffles to the bottom of the underskirt.

Juliana stood by me while I was making it and put it on as soon as I was done.

Next up an Ice Cream Dress. Have you noticed how popular this pattern already is?

2 comments:

  1. I think she looks lovely in that dress. Very nice for summer, no need to keep it just for at home in my opinion :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so gratifying when the clothes are a hit with the kid, isn't it? Enjoy it while it lasts :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I try to reply to most comments via e-mail, so make sure to add your e-mail address if it isn't linked up (especially if you have a question!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...