Saturday, June 12, 2010

A Pillow and a Pincushion


I have finished putting together my pillow for The Pillow Talk Swap. I admit I agonized over this too much, I think. I just don't like it anymore! Hopefully, my partner will, and she won't notice all the mistakes that I can't stop looking at. I used Oh Fransson's tutorial for the block, and it went together well. It wasn't as difficult as I thought, but it was time consuming. My triangles also stretched a bit. Any tips on how to stop that? I did have fun trying out different stitches for this pillow on my new machine. I added some piping to give it a little more of structured look. I really like the look of the piping contrasting with the white.


For the back of the pillow I used some Anna Maria Horner Good Folks that I have had in my stash for awhile. I really think it compliments the front of the pillow well. I was going to put in an invisible zipper, but got pillow burnout and just went with a simple envelope closure.


After I finished the pillow I decided to play with my scraps and make a "practice" pincushion for The Scrappy Pincushion swap. This was literally made only from scraps, and I like it so much I think I might just send this one of to my partner. I was inspired by these pincushions on Purl Bee, but I changed it up quite a bit. I left the edges ragged for a more "scrappy" look.

4 comments:

  1. I can't tell any mistakes from the pic...if I was your partner in this swap I'd be delighted!! It's so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pillow is beautiful; front and back Meg! You can send it to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's such a great pillow... and pincushion! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is so pretty. I adore the frayed edges on the scrappy pincushion. It is so happy!

    Please drop by my blog if you would like to join in a give away. I would so enjoy having you join in.
    http://ravenhill.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I try to reply to most comments via e-mail, so make sure to add your e-mail address if it isn't linked up (especially if you have a question!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...