Sunday, January 30, 2011

Fiddling


This weekend was slow.  It involved a lot of blog fiddling and old Survivor episode watching.  It was so nice.      I got a bit of sewing done and finished up my last project for my Spicing Up the Kitchen Swap partner.  These are teeny (Felicity is obsessed with the word "teeny", and it is a word that often comes up in our conversations.) little embroideries I got from one of my Japanese embroidery books.  I then used them to cover some buttons and added some fun origami fabric backs for some color.  

My two year blog anniversary is coming up in a couple of weeks.  It doesn't feel like I have been blogging that long!  I wish I could be better about blogging consistently, but I have enjoyed all the people and things I have participated in through having this little blog.  I have a fun little giveaway that I am planning to celebrate!

I always like finding out more about the people behind the blogs I read, so I thought I would share some little things.

  • I always, always lose my seam ripper.  When I can't find it, all I can imagine is super gluing it to my body so as to never lose it again.
  • I got into sewing because my husband accidentally signed me up for nude drawing class.  I decided to take a sewing class instead. ;0)
  • My sewing machine is a Janome MC6600.  I also have a Brother 1034D serger, and  my little Kenmore is the backup!
  • My dog's barking drives me crazy.
  • My favorite finger nail polish colors are neutrals like gray and sand.
  • I love waking up to three little bright, happy morning faced kids.
  • I love homemade whipped cream.  My girls just call it "cream".
  • I can't resist chocolate chip cookies.  I can't.
  • This is currently my favorite song.  Love, love it!




  • I'm shy.  I really try not to be, but I am.
  • I love Jane Austen.  I think I cried when I found out I had read everything she had written.
  • Along the same lines, we love the world of BBC Drama- Cranford, Larkrise to Candleford, North and South.  Good stuff.
  • I used to have a horse- two actually.  
  • I recently have gotten into running.  I have never, ever been able to run.  I downloaded the Couch to 5K app on my phone, and now I recommend it to everyone!
Your turn...share something about yourself! 

5 comments:

  1. OK, I'll go first.
    -I'm currently procrastinating finishing up my nursing care plan for my final semester of nursing school (yes, I realize it's 12:14 a.m. my time and it's due tomorrow).
    -It's a career change for me. I was a journalist for 10 years before I quit and went back to school.
    -Five days after my last day at the newspaper I found out I was pregnant and single (infertility is not birth control!).
    -I have a daughter Hannah from that escapade and a son Isaac from my previous marriage
    -I look all of 18 and people can't understand how any of the could have happened in my lifetime!
    -I will be thankful for this someday, when I'm 50 and look 30.
    -I met my current husband last May, he proposed in July and we married in August.
    -Best decision I ever make (I love that man so!)
    -Even better, true love because he has the matching corelle dinner set to my pyrex collection!
    -I once trained for a triathlon, only to blow out my knee weeks before the race. I went and watched on crutches following surgery.
    -I don't have time to cross country ski right now and am cringing that we're getting nearly 2 feet of snow over the next 2 days and I can't go out and play in it.
    -My blog Jennadesigns is all about crafty fun - whether it be sewing, quilting, fabric collecting, thrifting or photography!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to get to know your a little more especially since I'm fairly new to your blog. I too am a little on the shy side and wish I wasn't so much. I also am a runner and a cyclist and like the challenge of how far I can physically push myself. It's good for the mind and the body to be fit. Love the origami flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made some Christmas ornaments much like the littles that you pictured! Also, I am always losing my seam ripper too...I got a new one in my stocking from Santa, bc I was complaining to my mother about how I can never find mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those buttons are SO cute! Where can I learn about fabric origami?

    I wouldn't say I'm shy, but I do get nervous around new people. It makes me talk too much. I love thrifting, crafting, sewing and being a mom. I'm great at getting projects started - not so great at finishing them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am new to blogging you can visit me http://sharmiladabare.blogspot.com I love feedback/comments. love to see you at my place and I did download your running coach since i am into running for a cause... I loved it...

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I try to reply to most comments via e-mail, so make sure to add your e-mail address if it isn't linked up (especially if you have a question!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...