Monday, July 4, 2011

This n' That


Okay, I am admitting to getting distracted!  Have you seen the Summer Sampler Series quilt-a-long?  I think I am in love with Faith's idea of doing it all in solids.  I just love the mock up.  I want to use what I already have though.  So I am thinking of doing this one in girly colorway of Hope Valley with a few added solids.  



I also caught up this week on the Kaleidoscope quilt-a-long over at Don't Call Me Betsy.  I chose the pink colorway from Modern Meadow, and I can't wait to put these blocks together and see how it comes out.  I was inspired by this version that I saw in the Flickr pool, and so I will be using solids for my triangles.  


Here is what one of the blocks should look like!  


I did finish a couple of my smaller projects on my Finish It Up! list as well.  This a little coaster set from the book "I Love Patchwork".  I used some French General for this little set, and it took me all of ten minutes to finish!


I also finished this Inset Clutch. (You can find the pattern at Keyka Lou.)  I started this one at the same time as the one I made for my partner in The Pretty Little Pouch Swap.  However, when I finished hers I just not motivated to finish this one.  I don't know why I put off things that only take a little bit more effort! Shameful. ;0)

I am in the quilt-y mood, and I am determined to get working on more of the quilts on my list!

Hope everyone has a very happy 4th of July!
God bless America!

6 comments:

  1. well done Meg you have been very busy,and i love your 1st pic the colours are beautiful together

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the fabric you chose for the summer sampler! I happen to have the solids, so I think I'll do that. Using my DS prints for Kaleidoscope - I like the layout you chose. Guess I missed that on the flickr page....I like it though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that quilt along too and was sooooooo tempted. I also say that Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom is starting a 36 patch quilt along. AHHHH! And I love your pinks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The summer series sampler blocks look absolutely beautiful! All solids would be amazing! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so whizzing through your WIP list I'm a tad jealous!! My work/family balance is getting in the way of much sewing round here just now. Ack!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meg - Your colors look awesome - but I think I've got enough on my plate to join another QAL. I jealous too that you've got so much done!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I try to reply to most comments via e-mail, so make sure to add your e-mail address if it isn't linked up (especially if you have a question!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...