Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Yesterday


Yesterday was the girls' first day of swim lessons!  Juliana is determined to be the best swimmer ever by the end of the summer.  She was so pumped to hop in that pool.  Felicity, on the other hand, was nervous all the way over.  At the end she said she had FUN!, but she doesn't want to EVER go again.  Hmmm...I wonder what her real feelings are. ;0)  I just love this picture.  It is just too sweet when they hug each other.  Felicity looked at this picture and said, "I am teeny!"  :0)  Juliana prefers the picture I took of just her because you can see her rainbow suit in all its glory.


So, I am plugging away at my kaleidoscope blocks.  Here is what my stack looked like yesterday.  These are hard!  I am struggling to get those points to meet up just right and my blocks not to bubble.  I am slowly getting better with each block.  The first few I put together was at our quilt guild's sew in, and luckily I was sitting by Pam who patiently helped me get these to come out a little better.  There are also lots of helpful tips in the Flickr group!  I have found starch incredibly helpful for these blocks!  I forgot how difficult working with triangles and bias edges is.  I really haven't made anything like this since this Spiderweb pillow


I also made my first block for the Summer Sampler Quilt-a-long. (How do you spell that anyways?  I never know!)  I really like doing individual blocks. I think that is the fun thing about sampler quilts.  You never have to make the same blocks twice!  

Now I just need to find some time to baste my huge 9 patch quilt!  I am going to have to move some furniture around to get enough room!

9 comments:

  1. I love those blocks! They are absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the green & pink together! Can't wait to see what you do with all of these :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your block,they are absolutely wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a cute pic of the girls hugging,and i love your blocks Meg,well done

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks are all looking terrific. I understand about those Kaleidoscope blocks - those puffy centers are a bother! I'm going to try some starch on all my blocks before they get pieced together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WooHoo! Your blocks look great!! Pair 'em, pin 'em, and then starch 'em! Beautiful blocks! Love the pic of your babies too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When you press after assembly, gently but firmly pull the seam away from the block and press. The fullness around the point will disappear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet photo of the girls! Your blocks are amazing! So perfect with the points! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. aww, adorable daughters. love the star of virginia block! i did mine last night, posted today, and thought to myself, how odd, why would they name it that when it looks nothing like a star? then i realized i pieced mine wrong. haha! unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I try to reply to most comments via e-mail, so make sure to add your e-mail address if it isn't linked up (especially if you have a question!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...