Wednesday, January 15, 2014

yarn along








I started a couple of new projects this week because you know one is never enough! ;0)  I joined my first knit a long, and it is a mystery shawl!  I have never participated in a mystery anything, and this pattern gives you two options to pick from for five weeks!  I am so excited to see where this shawl goes!  If you would like to make one too, go sign up and join in!  I have a bit knitted up but no picture yet.  I am not really a purple person, but I really like this combo of purple and dark gray and think it is going to work well.

Of course, in anticipation of my shawl project I made a new little project bag.  I follow Bonnie on Instagram, and she is always posting pictures of really fun patchwork boxy bags.  She put up a tutorial for how she she makes them, and I quickly dove into some precious Heather Ross scraps and made one. I showed my husband and explained I was going to be using it for my new knitting project.  "You made a project for your project?!?"  I think he got it! ;0)

I am also working on a sweater for Felicity.  I made one for Juliana back in September, and I promised to make one for her too.  She picked out the bright pink, and I decided to make a Kina.  We are having the warmest, driest winter ever, so it seemed silly to make her a long sleeve sweater.  

This hasn't been a week for reading unless you are interested in dropping two sizes (like me! haha.), in which case you can check out this weight lifting book.  The only reading I have been doing. ;0)

Linking up with Ginny's Yarn Along.


15 comments:

  1. I just adore your project bag! Enjoy your mystery knit along. They are always such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful bag! I also love your yarn pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your project bag! It turned out great, I wish I could sew one! I'm excited to see where the shawl will take me as well..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous little project bag. Love it!! Stopping by via Ginny ~ Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pouch - I've always loved Bonnie's box pouches too and it's on my to-do list to whip up a couple :) Gorgeous fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to be participating in the same MKAL when my yarn gets here tomorrow. I've never done a mystery KAL before! Love your box pouch! It's sweet that your husband gets it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the bag, it's so cute. I am so non committal about seeing right now,I think because I don't like the area my machine is in. I am really enjoying the kal, I think it's great for a first shawl since it helps me pace myself.

    I have been working out with free videos on YouTube. There's a great channel called FitnessBlender. I haven't lost any weight, tho, and think it's time to admit I like beer a little too much at the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I try to reply to most comments via e-mail, so make sure to add your e-mail address if it isn't linked up (especially if you have a question!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...